Getting the assistance of a cloud-based ERP solution can be a turning point in your business. However, finding the best cloud ERP solutions can be an uphill task for most businesses because of the large number of options available in the market. But if you go through the guideline mentioned below, finding the top cloud ERP solutions will be a walk in the park.
- Know what you need
Before everything else, you must know what you exactly need from an ERP solution. In that case, you will have to consider the below-mentioned aspects.
- What are the difficulties you are currently facing in the absence of an ERP system? Just note down all those issues (they don’t have to be professional). Also, if you are currently using an on-premise ERP, write down the difficulties you face with that as well.
- What do you want to achieve with a new ERP solution? Just write down your expectations. That means you should write down what are you expecting to achieve by implementing an ERP system. For instance, do you want to have a smaller IT team to operate your ERP system? Do you want to make your ERP system a more affordable one? Do you want to make your ERP system accessible from anywhere?
After writing down the above, you can go through it once again and add or remove items to make it clearer. You can present that writeup to your cloud ERP solutions provider so they will design a unique system for you.
As long as you know the exact requirement, you can find a solution easier. However, an experienced, professional service provider will be open to discuss your ideas and suggest some options even if you have zero knowledge about ERP systems.
- Do a little bit of research
Now, its time to do some research. Contact your friends, relatives, peers and ask around about top cloud ERP solutions they may know. Also, be sure to do some research on the internet as well. You may also find magazines, newspapers and other publications with advertisements about vendors who provide the best cloud ERP solutions. But just because a vendor says that it offers the best service, don’t trust it. Instead, your research should continue. Make sure you list down all the vendors and ask the questions mentioned below.
- Do they serve your business category?
- Are they ready to serve the businesses of your scale?
- What are the modules and features they offer?
- Are they ready to customize their solutions?
- Do they offer support?
- What is the deployment time?
- Who are their past clients?
- Are there any customer testimonials?
- What would be the maintenance cost?
- What is their software upgrade policy?
And anything else that comes to your mind. Then, ask these questions from all the vendors and compare their answers.
- Analyze and shortlist
Don’t rush. Just sit back and read all the information you have in hand now. This will help you to filter the vendors further and find the best of the rest. Once the list is shortened to a couple of vendors, go through all the materials they provide (both online and offline). Also, go through their social media accounts as well to read what customers say.
As the last step, you can go for the best vendor that suits your business. Make sure that you don’t make the decision solely based on the price. After all, remember the good old saying ‘you get what you pay for!’.